- DMCC hosted a delegation of Secretaries of State and senior business leaders from Brazil’s São Paulo State ahead of their participation at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Government and C-suite executives briefed on opportunities in Dubai
DMCC – the world’s flagship Free Zone and Government of Dubai Authority on commodities trade and enterprise – welcomed an official delegation from São Paulo to discuss increasing bilateral trade ties between the two cities and to highlight the opportunities that Dubai presents to Brazilian companies.
The delegation included:
- Secretary of International Relations, Mr Julio Serson
- Secretary of Agriculture, Mr Itamar Borges
- Secretary of Economy, Mr Henrique Meirelles
- Secretary of Economic Development, Ms Patricia Ellen
- Secretary of Culture, Mr Sergio Sa Leitao
- Secretary of Tourism, Mr Vinicius Lummertz
- Thirty of Sao Paulo’s leading C-level executives from companies such as BRF, AMBEV, Cosan, and Natural One
Following a welcome note from Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DMCC, the delegation were briefed on the business landscape in Dubai, with a particular emphasis on commodities trade.
The visit to Almas Tower preceded the delegation’s involvement in the São Paulo Week at the Brazilian Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, as part of their Invest São Paulo initiative.