DMCC, the government authority on trade, enterprise and commodities in Dubai, welcomed over 300 leading businesses to Almas Tower last night as the winners of its inaugural DMCC Members Awards were announced at a gala dinner hosted by Dubai Eye presenter Richard Dean.
During his opening remarks, Gautam Sashittal, Chief Executive officer, DMCC, said:
“DMCC is a melting pot of diverse member companies from just about every sector of the economy, and almost every country on earth. You bring such a broad variety of skills, ideas, products and services into the DMCC Free Zone. The judges would have had quite a challenge choosing the winners. In our view, every DMCC member company is a winner from the day they sign up. So thank you all for contributing to our collective success”.
It was Hakan Agro’s Managing Director, Sudhakar Tomar who won the coveted ‘Business Leader of the Year’ accolade for his exceptional leadership skills that has grown Hakan Agro into an international success story.
‘The Leading Woman in Business Award’ went to Ambareen Musa, CEO and Founder of Souqalmal.com, whose consistent growth story has been phenomenal since the launch of the company three years ago.
Amit Dhamani, CEO and Managing Director of the Dhamani Jewels Group, was presented with the ‘Free Zone Personality of the Year Award’ for his outstanding efforts in developing new products such as the finely crafted 99-faceted Dubai Cut diamond and his role as a founding member of the Dubai Diamond Exchange.
Tech support company, Geeks Technology, beat strong competition to be named the ‘The most innovative Start Up of the Year’; Beehive, the UAE's first online marketplace for peer to peer lending, took home the ‘Best Marketing Campaign Award’ and the ‘Finance Award’; Shalina Group’s copper mining and production business, Shalina Resources, won the ‘Best Commodity Company’ accolade; with global energy and commodities trading company, Mercuria crowned as ‘Most Successful Company of the Year’. The full list of winners is available on www.dmcc.ae
Open to over 12,000 companies based in its Free Zone, DMCC launched the Members Awards to recognise top performance, innovation and growth across 21 awards categories, assessed by an independent judging panel comprising of: Adel Kalantar, Director of registration and licensing department, Dubai Maritime City Authority; Muhammed Mekki, Founding Partner of AstroLabs; Jeffrey Rhodes, CEO of Zee Gold; Yogesh Mehta, Managing Director, Petrochem; Ludmila Yamalova, Founder and Managing Partner, HPL Yamalova & Plewka; and Tanya Selley, Editor, Business Insight - flipflop media.
2016 WINNERS DMCC MEMBERS AWARDS
- BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD: Sudhakar Tomar, Managing Director, Hakan Agro
- BEST COMMODITIES COMPANY AWARD: Shalina Group
- BEST ENERGY COMPANY AWARD: Foster Wheeler Kentz Energy Services
- BEST DIAMOND COMPANY AWARD: Brinks Diamond
- BEST GOLD & JEWELLERY COMPANY: Dhamani Jewels Group
- BEST EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENT AWARD: Scafa
- BEST CUSTOMER SERVICES AWARD: Senses Salon
- BEST AGRICULTURE COMPANY AWARD: Olam
- BEST HOSPITALITY ESTABLISHMENT AWARD: Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers
- BEST MARITIME COMPANY AWARD: Monjasa
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD: Hakan Agro
- HEALTH & LIFESTYLE AWARD: Duplays Sports Services
- BEST MARKETING CAMPAIGN AWARD: Beehive Group
- BEST SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN AWARD: Souqalmal.com
- BEST TECHNOLOGY COMPANY AWARD: Escotech
- MOST INNOVATIVE PRODUCT AWARD: Maestrano EMEA
- MOST INNOVATIVE START UP: Geeks Technology
- FINANCE AWARD: Beehive Group
- MOST SUCCESSFUL COMPANY AWARD: Mercuria
- LEADING WOMAN IN BUSINESS AWARD: Ambareen Musa,CEO and Founder of Souqalmal.com
- FREE ZONE PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR AWARD: Amit Dhamani, CEO and Managing Director of the Dhamani Jewels Group