DMCC, the world’s flagship Free Zone and Dubai government authority on commodities trade and enterprise, announced the winners of its highly coveted Member Awards during a gala dinner at the Five Palm Jumeirah Dubai earlier this month.
In its second year, the annual event is designed by DMCC to celebrate the very best in class among the 15,000 plus member companies of the world’s leading Free Zone.
Over 200 people were in attendance to applaud the 11 winners announced on the night, and during his opening address, Gautam Sashittal, Chief Executive Officer of DMCC said:
“In order to make informed and fair decisions, we focus on the entire year – taking stock of what you have been up to, and try to identify examples of excellence that merit particular recognition. The difficulty comes when you realise that the common thread running through all of the companies based here is excellence.”
Adding: “I think this year we have a particularly special group of finalists. But the good thing is that this means businesses here are growing, the quality is increasing and our reputation as the world’s leading Free Zone is more earned than ever. It is no wonder then that DMCC, as a collective, contributes an astonishing 9.6 per cent to Dubai’s GDP.”
The independent panel of judges for the 2018 competition was comprised of the following: Omar Khan, Director of International Offices, Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry; Samer Qudah, Partner, Head of Corporate Structuring Department, Al Tamimi & Company; Vikas Papriwal, Partner, Head of Advisory for KPMG Lower Gulf and Head of Markets for KPMG Middle East and South Asia, KPMG; James Maughan, Director of Dubai Business Internships, Falcon and Associates.
See below for full list of winners for the DMCC Member Awards 2018.
- ·Most Innovative Start-Up – Monami Tech, DMCC
- Best Marketing Campaign – My Business Consulting, DMCC
- Best Customer Service – The Box Self Storage, DMCC
- Best Compliance – MONJASA, DMCC
- Best Maritime Company – Emirates Ship Investment Company (ESHIPS) LLC (DMCC BRANCH)
- Best Technology Company – HIKVISION FZE (DMCC BRANCH)
- Best Performing Company – MODUL University Dubai, DMCC
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Electrolux Appliances Middle East, DMCC
- Best Hospitality Establishment – Luxury Events and VIP Travel, DMCC
- Business Leader Of The Year – Aneesh Reddy, Capillary Technologies, DMCC
- Leading Woman In Business – Kamelia Allow, My Business Consulting, DMCC